What Is Cloud Disaster Recovery?
Often shortened to Cloud DR, disaster recovery is a plan put into place in case a disaster hits. Cloud DR refers to the component in your disaster recovery plan that involves the use of a cloud backup environment.
The Cloud Component
The cloud component of a disaster recovery plan can involve various strategies that use a cloud environment.
- Online or Cloud Backup: Using an online backup system lets you store copies of your data in an offsite data storage environment at regular intervals. You can choose which workstations and servers you want protected, perform an initial data load, and then use only incremental backups that keep your data current and secure.
- Disaster Recovery Failover: Disaster recovery failover provides a cloud-based environment that is a complete rebuild of your infrastructure that sits ready if you should lose access to your primary IT infrastructure.
Benefits of Cloud DR
Using a cloud environment in your disaster recovery plan comes with a number of critical benefits:
- Speed, with instant restore capabilities
- Security, with an off-site, protected environment
- Scalability, with the ability to grow your cloud solution right along with your business
- Compatibility, with the ability to work with a number of different servers and systems
One more benefit of cloud DR is the overall low cost, especially when compared to other DR strategies. Cloud DR can be used in combination with other techniques to fully fortify your company and keep your data safe.
Find more Disaster Recovery Posts
Veeam Backup & Replication v11 is available! With over 200 new features and enhancements, we wanted to focus on our favorites and a few buzzworthy items such as CDP and restore anything to Hyper-V. We invite you to listen as Veeam Certified Architect and 2021...
Veeam Backup & Replication v11 is available! Many people wonder when to update, and ask about Global Data Vault's plans to update as well. In this video, GDV CIO Thomas May addresses v11 updates.Hi there everyone. My name is Tom May and I'm the CIO of Global Data...
Veeam® Backup & Replication™ is an industry-leading cloud data management software. Veeam B&R combines backup and replication in an agentless solution for virtual machines and an agent-based alternative for physical servers and multi-cloud workloads. Read the...
When considering security for information technology resources and systems, companies face many challenges. Not only must companies protect edge-facing (those that provide access to networks outside of an internal network) and core-facing infrastructure technologies,...