Global Data Vault believes in honoring those whose work both assists individuals in need and support the communities in which they live. Our longtime client California Community Foundation is a standout among its peers, and in our eyes, deserves recognition.
California Community Foundation has been serving the people of Los Angles County since 1915, by managing more than 1,600 charitable funds and foundations for individuals, families and corporate donors. With more than $1 billion in assets, CCF is one of the largest foundations in the nation. The grants, loans and scholarships they award address both the long and short-term needs of their community, providing transformative change across Los Angles and around the world.
Their activities include:
• Facilitating giving by individuals and families, corporations, groups, organizations, and all types of businesses
• Managing donor funds and legacies
• Providing financial, technical and management support to nonprofits
• Awarding grants in the arts, learning and education, healthcare, urban housing and human development.
• Sponsoring initiatives that support the elderly, youth, immigrants, children and
• Advising regional decision-makers and opinion shapers
CCF pays out almost as many charitable dollars as they take in. Between 2003 and 2011, they took in more than $1.4 billion and awarded more than 50,000 grants totaling $1.1 billion. Between 10 and 20 percent of CCF assets are awarded every year, assets that have now reached a record high of $1.32 billion. In the last fiscal year, CCF received and granted nearly $350 million. This money was awarded in support of a wide array of causes: helping aging adults get health care, guiding families out of poverty, assisting the disabled, funding scholarships, providing disaster relief and protecting the environment.
For the extraordinary job they do and the tremendous difference they make in the lives of the people of Los Angles County, Global Data Vault is proud to provide services to the California Community Foundation.