Global Data Vault Company Overview
Who is Global Data Vault?
Global Data Vault (GDV) is a cloud-based Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS), Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) and Veeam Platinum Cloud & Service Provider headquartered in Dallas, TX. Founded in 2004, GDV has evolved into a specialized company focusing on quality, results, simplicity, and value. We also believe that there is no value in wondering about responsibilities when it comes to our services, so with Global Data Vault, it’s always our problem.
Because we only offer services related to Veeam, we excel at what we do. Veeam continues to innovate and lead the market in the data management, and Global Data Vault completes the data protection story with offsite backups and replication.
GDV protects customers in the US, Canada, and the UK, and sells both directly and through resellers.
Where are Our Data Centers?
GDV operates from the Infomart in Dallas, TX and Lone Mountain in Las Vegas, NV with a no-hop, gigabit link between the two sites. Our data centers comply with the following security regulations:
- ISO 27001
- NIST 800-53/FI
- PCI DSS
- SSAE 16 / ISAE 3402 / SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC3, Type II
Our infrastructures utilize both VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V, support all operating system platforms available to be virtualized on those hypervisors, and Windows and Linux physical servers and computers
The Global Data Vault Difference
We strive to add the most value to our customers. Our guiding principles are:
- At Global Data Vault, the quality of your data is of the utmost importance. If the data is incomplete, corrupted, old, or unrecoverable it is of no use to you. We constantly ensure backups are within service level agreements (SLAs) that reflect desired recovery point objectives (RPOs) and recovery time objectives (RTOs.)
- Proactive Monitoring. We know that providing fast, efficient restores and recoveries is critical to our customers. We know that the technology behind all this is complex, and we understand that unless someone “owns” this area of responsibility, the results are likely to fall short. By continuously monitoring results, GDV will know about, alert you of, and/or proactively fix any issues before they impact production or our ability to recover your data. We simplify all this by extending the tools we use* to monitor, manage and capture the details that define each customer’s network. We keep this data and perform automated builds to verify and test your full network quarterly.
- Another value Global Data Vault adds is transparency. On every customer’s portal are real-time dashboards and reports regarding the status of your data protection. You will see SLA compliance, job status, restore points, Enhanced Data Protection status, and site information.
- Our simplified, flat pricing is based on protected data. You don’t want an algorithm to determine your monthly bill, and neither do we.
- We believe that there is no value in wondering about responsibilities when it comes to our services, so with Global Data Vault, it’s always our problem.
We’ve used the word “value” quite a few times. Remote recovery solutions and off-site data storage have never been more important. As a CIO or CEO, you have a responsibility to your clients, employees, and shareholders to minimize downtime after a natural- or man-made disaster, as well as providing protection against data theft, which can incur large fines. Many smaller businesses suffer financial losses that are hefty enough to prevent re-opening, while larger companies also face loss of reputation.
Significant investments usually happen for production and on-premises technologies and networks, while disaster recovery becomes an afterthought or an “after budget” item. Many companies balk at the cost of purchasing disaster recovery environments or white label solutions, while others are leery of the cost and service provided for Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) solutions. Every service we provide is included in your monthly cost. In addition to providing a complete, all-inclusive offsite backup and disaster recovery service, Global Data Vault ties in enterprise-class security monitoring with BitLyft and offers a proprietary technology we call Enhanced Data Protection to further protect your greatest asset—your data.
Hackers use fear of the novel coronavirus to get people to click on links to malware. Learn how Veeam protects against both human and computer virus attacks.