Global Data Vault and Office 365Backup for Office 365: Outlook Email, Calendar, Microsoft Exchange; Microsoft SharePoint; OneDrive for Business; and Microsoft Teams
For years, Microsoft customers have been able to take advantage of cloud-based offerings for all or parts of the Microsoft Office Suite. This Office 365 (O365) offering alleviates the need for customers to run dedicated, on-premises application environments, allows easier management of licenses, and simplifies control via account-based access within organizations. The one thing Microsoft does not do, however, is back up the data.
It is important to remember that you own the data and are responsible for protecting it.
Leveraging Veeam Software’s Backup for Office 365, Global Data Vault provides protection solutions for Outlook email, calendar, contacts, and tasks; Microsoft Exchange; Microsoft SharePoint; OneDrive for Business; and Microsoft Teams. It works for cloud-only and hybrid implementations, where a portion of your data still resides in an on-premises application environment.
Global Data Vault and Veeam allow you to:
- Protect your Office 365 data from accidental deletion, security threats, and retention policy gaps
- Protect your Office 365 data from intentional but unauthorized deletion
- Quickly restore individual Office 365 items and files with industry-leading recovery flexibility
- Meet legal and compliance requirements with efficient eDiscovery of Office 365 backup items
- Retrieve Office 365 data from a cloud-based instance of Office 365 and uniquely back up your data weekly, daily or as often as every five minutes in Microsoft’s native format — an archive database based on Extensible Storage Engine (ESE), also known as the Jet database
- Back up Exchange and SharePoint on premises, reducing the impact to your data center and allowing YOU to set the frequency and timing of your backups
- Store backups in the location of your choice — including on premises or with Global Data Vault
- Protect data posted and shared with Microsoft Teams chats, files and sites, as Teams data is journaled into Exchange Online and SharePoint Online
Meet compliance requirements
With an Office 365 backup, you can keep your email data as long as you want, and store data based on long-term retention policies for regulatory or compliance requirements. With granular, advanced search and find functionality, restoring your data is in your control.
Hackers are using coronavirus to exploit people’s desire to investigate the worrisome nature of this new threat by burying malicious code in seemingly harmless Covid-19 incidence maps.