Quick Setup for Your First Backup
Seed loading allows you to backup files to removable hard disk for transportation to our data center.
If you have more than 100GB to backup, it may take a considerable amount of time to perform the first full backup over an internet connection.
You can use the Seed Loading Utility to backup your data to a removable hard disk and then ship the data to our office for loading onto our offsite backup server.
Since subsequent backups will only transfer new or updated files a seed load is only necessary once.
To perform seeding loading, please do the following:
1. Open Global datavault Backup by double clicking the GDV icon in the System Tray.
2. Setup your backup set to identify what files and directories you will backup. The email you received with your username and password explains this step in more detail.
3. Select the backup set you want to run on the left panel and press the [Start Backup] button (►) on the toolbar
4. Select [Local Hard Disk (Seed Load Utility)] to start backing up your files to local hard disk and press the [OK] button:
5. Enter a directory name where you want all backup files to be stored in the [Destination Directory] field and press the [Start] button. Please make sure you have enough free space in the directory specified.
6. When the procedure is done, you should get the message “Backup Completed Successfully” as shown below.
7. Please put a label on the drive with as follows:
- Your name
- Company name
- Your email
- Your telephone number
8. Ship the drive to us following our shipping instructions.