Global Data Vault Webinars
Each month, Global Data Vault offers hour-long webinars on topics of key interest to IT professionals. These discussions are focused on DRaaS, BaaS, and cybersecurity. They feature partner experts and showcase our in-house talent. We hope that through these presentations, we’ll have a robust conversation centered on best practices. We encourage you to attend!
Webinars typically take place the third Tuesday of every month at noon CST, with some flexibility based on speaker availability.
Scroll down this page to see past webinar topics. All previous webinars are available to view on-demand.
Please join us:
Wednesday, March 1st, at 12:00 p.m. CT/11 a.m. ET
Considerations When Moving to a Managed Service Provider
Join us for an informative webinar as we discuss the key considerations to keep in mind when moving to a managed cloud solution. With businesses increasingly moving to the cloud, it’s essential to understand the steps necessary to make this transition successful.
During this webinar, our experts will cover the critical company assessments you need to make before moving to a managed cloud solution. We will also delve into what questions you should ask your Managed Service Provider (MSP) to ensure that they meet your requirements and provide the level of service you need.
In addition, we will discuss how to prepare for the move to a managed cloud solution. You’ll learn about the key steps you should take to ensure a smooth transition, such as backing up your data, identifying which applications are most critical to your business, and ensuring your team is trained and prepared for the new system.
Don’t miss out on this essential webinar if you’re considering moving to a managed cloud solution. Join us and gain valuable insights into the process, ensuring your transition is successful. Register now to secure your spot!
Can’t make the webinar? Please register, and you’ll receive a replay link.
Brandon Juricek, Systems Engineering, VCSP, Veeam
Steven New, Director BCDR
Kelly Culwell, Senior Service Transition Manager
How to Test Your Environment Against Cyber Threats
Over the last several years, the frequency of cyber threats and attacks has increased. It is estimated that there is an attack every 39 seconds and an estimated 30,000 websites a day get hacked. And the vast majority of these things are the result of an error:
- not following policies or procedures,
- not adhering to best practices,
- in some cases, just being duped or tricked by a threat actor.
So the reality is that the cyber threat is not going away. We will continue to see attacks happening more frequently, especially as the world moves further and further into being digital and connected in almost every way.
Is Your Cloud Strategy Headed In The Right Direction?
In the fall of 2022, an independent research firm surveyed 1,700 unbiased IT leaders and organizers on their use of cloud services in both production and protection. IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS administrators were surveyed on their current strategies for protecting their cloud-hosted data, while others were surveyed on what drove them to utilize BaaS and/or DRaaS. The research debuted on November 3rd via http://vee.am/CPT23, so watch as we unpack the data and what it means as organizations prepare their cloud strategies for 2023.
Join Jason Buffington, Veeam Vice President of Strategy, as we have an insightful discussion on where the data protection industry is headed. You’ll learn:
- How current are you in keeping with data recovery strategies?
- What similar companies are doing to protect their mission-critical applications
- Where companies are focusing their investment to future-proof their DR strategy
- The key report findings for cloud production and protection
Spooktacular Tricks for a Successful Veeam Implementation
We have a spooktacular discussion about Veeam implementations. We will cover ways to avoid the graveyard, aka common mistakes to avoid.
- Can the wrong Veeam license cause implementation issues?
- Why verifying your backups is critical
- Why offsite backups and secondary backups are key in disaster recovery best practices
- Sizing your source data is critical to your backups
- Common misconceptions of backup and disaster recovery
- What are some basic security best practices for backups?
The importance of a Business Impact Analysis
We have an interesting discussion about business impact analysis or “BIA” for short. We’ll cover what a BIA is and why it’s integral to your disaster recovery planning.
- What is a vCIO?
- What is a Business Impact Analysis (BIA)?
- How do you calculate impact in a Business Impact Analysis?
- What are the elements of a Business Impact analysis?
- How long does it take to create a Business Impact Analysis?
- How do you start creating a Business Impact Analysis?
7 Ways Microsoft 365 Backup Will Save Time, Money, and Data
Microsoft 365 is an amazing suite of tools that helps businesses thrive every day. It’s important to know just how far this service goes, how you can extend it in common scenarios, and why Microsoft 365 backup is critical.
- The Microsoft Office Myth
- Putting Microsoft 365 backup to the test
- Accidental deletion
- Retention policy gaps
- Internal security threats
- External security threats
- Legal and compliance requirements
- Migration protection
- Teams data structure
How DRaaS Works in a Crisis
Disaster recovery really isn’t fun, right? It’s not something that anybody ever wants to have to go through, but unfortunately, a lot of businesses do. We’ve had discussions before about what to do to prepare for it, and we’re going to touch on those again.
- Case Study of a Zero Day Exploit
- Case Study of a Building Fire
- Case Study of Ransomware
- Keys to a Successful Disaster Recovery
How to Verify Backups Are Working
The time to verify that backups are working is before you need them to work. Watch this webinar to find out about the best practices for testing backups.
How to Avoid Being Hit by Ransomware
In this in-depth webinar, two experienced IT veterans discuss how to avoid ransomware and what you can do to eradicate it if you get hit.
Cybersecurity Budget Breakdowns
When it comes to cybersecurity, every organization is constrained and confined by some sort of budget. This webinar, hosted by BitLyft Cybersecurity, brings together a cybersecurity professional and an IT veteran to discuss the challenges and opportunities of finding the middle ground for how to build a great security program within a budget.
Best Free Backup Tools
In this episode of our “Back to Basics” webinar series, we look at the best free backup tools on the web. Senior Support Manager, Steven New, demonstrates how each of them can be used and Kelly Culwell, Service Delivery Manager, provides detail from a user’s point of view.
Do you speak Veeam? Demystifying the Veeam Vocabulary
In this episode of our Back to Basics Veeam webinar series, we provide you with a deeper understanding of some of the more common Veeam vocabulary including:
Back to the Basics: The Difference Between BaaS and DRaaS
In the first of a new series, Global Data Vault gets back to the basics with a deep dive into the difference between BaaS and DRaaS, including:
The Importance of Veeam VMCE Certification
Points covered include:
- What is the VMCE?
- Veeam VMCE exam requirements
- Technical background recommendations
- About the Veeam VMCE Certification exam
Why Patching is Critical Webinar
How to Create a Disaster Recovery Plan
Managing the Risks of Having Data in the Cloud
- Data center design and what vulnerabilities they may have
- How you can mitigate the impact on your data in the case of a data center disaster
- How to protect all of your workloads
Veeam Backup & Replication v11 Webinar
In this webinar, we visit with Jonah May, Veeam Certified Architect, and 2021 Veeam Vanguard, about some of the new features of Veeam® Backup & Replication™ v11 and how they relate to you and cloud data protection.
You’ll hear about:
- Our favorite features of v11
- Prerequisites and cautions about upgrading
- What these features mean for you today
Removing barriers and headaches for VARs and MSPs
In this webinar, we visit with Nick Scholle, CIO of Technology Pointe, and hear how partnering with Global Data Vault has:
• Reduced costs related to colocation, hardware, and software
• Added value to customer offerings
• Eliminated repetitive tasks relating to BaaS and DRaaS, increasing employee productivity
Public, private and fully-managed cloud: the pros and cons of each
In this webinar:
- Hear about the differences between public cloud offerings, cloud backups, and disaster recovery.
- Learn how Global Data Vault guarantees SLAs, takes ownership of issues, and provides support.
- Understand what happens when disaster strikes.
MSPs + GDV = Success
In this webinar we will present:
- Global Data Vault’s core offerings and philosophies
- How resellers and MSPs can partner with Global Data Vault
- Success stories of customer wins
- Hear how user and entity behavior analytics help identify issues in real-world cyber-attacks case studies
- Learn why and how malware targets remote backups and how to safeguard them
- See how a complete cybersecurity and disaster recovery solution can provide the ulti
Insider Threat Webinar
- What is an insider threat and how do they affect businesses?
- How do I defend and protect myself against insider threats and malware?
- Learn how to create a complete security posture?
Cloud Backups Webinar
In this cloud backup webinar and discussion, we will answer many of the common questions regarding cloud backups and their security.
- Why are local backups necessary if I have a cloud backup?
- How can I verify that a restored version of data is clean?
- What type of internet bandwidth do I need for cloud backups?
- What is an insider threat and how do they affect businesses
- How do I defend and protect myself against insider threats and malware?
- What is Enhanced Data Protection, and how does it work?